Advocate's Addiction Treatment Program uses a 12-step program which helped thousands overcome drug and alcohol addiction.
The AMG Addiction Treatment Program’s medically-based approach to addiction services is widely-used and accepted to be the most effective in treating the chemically dependent individual and is the cornerstone of our service philosophy.
Our mission is to help the individual reclaim all aspects of a balanced life—physical, emotional, social and spiritual—and return to society empowered to make healthy and constructive decisions without the use of alcohol, drugs or other addictive substances.
If you need help with an addiction, or if someone you care for needs help, call us 24 hours a day at 847.795.3921. This is completely confidential.
Learn more about the Advocate Addiction Treatment Program.
Download the AATP brochure.
Addiction Treatment Program Services
The Advocate Addiction Treatment Program offers a range of services adapted to each individual's unique needs.
These services include:
- CAGE test
- Continuing Care Program
- Day Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP):
Monday - Friday, 9AM - 12:15PM
- Evening Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP):
Monday - Thursday, 6PM - 9PM
- Family Recovery Program
- Licensed Therapists
- Low Intensive Outpatient Program:
Case by case basis
- Outpatient and Inpatient Withdrawl Management (detoxification)
- Partial Hospital Program (PHP):
Monday - Friday, 9AM - 3PM
- Psychiatric Services
- Special programs for Health Care Professionals
- Special Programs for Health Care Professionals
The Assessment Process
- Patient, family or medical staff—call Advocate Addiction Treatment Program to schedule clinical assessment
- Concerns are discussed with intake department
- Assessment appointment is made or appropriate referral is given
- Patient meets with certified addiction counselor for assessment
- Patient meets with patient financial counselor to discuss insurance benefits and cost of treatment
- Medical Director is consulted and makes treatment recommendation
- Patient decides to seek treatment or other options are presented and discussed
The physicians affiliated with this program are part of Advocate Medical Group and on staff at Advocate Lutheran General Hospital in Park Ridge. Supporting our physicians and patients is a highly-skilled team of addiction counselors and licensed clinicians. Our patients also have the benefit of the involvement of an addiction psychiatrist and other psychiatrists on staff at Lutheran General Hospital.
Support this program
Charitable gifts support free evaluation and assessment of chemical dependence, inpatient detoxification for safe withdrawal from drugs or alcohol, weekly group therapy, intervention workshops and family recovery programs.