Advocate's International Travel Medicine Program provides vaccines and immunization shots for traveling abroad.
Whether you are traveling to Africa, China, India, or any international country, our travel clinic will provide you the right protection for you and your family depending on your medical history and individual travel plans. Our Travel Clinic providers are experienced and here to provide travel medicine care for a variety of travelers, including those traveling on vacation, students studying abroad or missionary travelers. We provide a variety of travel immunizations and vaccines ranging from influenza to yellow fever.
Travel Immunizations and Vaccines Provided:
- Hepatitis A
- Hepatitis B
- Japanese Encephalitis
- Yellow Fever (certified Yellow Fever clinic)
Travel Medications Provided:
Travel Clinic Services
- Personalized health advice and special precautions based on the itinerary, age and health history
- Information about the political climate and your potential risk in your destination areas
- Physicians and emergency facilities in case you need medical care in the countries you plan to visit
- Recommendations for creating a travel first aid kit specifically for your needs
- Business travel corporate accounts
- International certificate of vaccination
Learn more about specific travel destination health information.
Preparing for Your Visit to our Travel Clinic
Services are by appointment only. Prior to your appointment, please obtain an informational packet to provide details about you and your trip by doing any of the following:
- Contact us and we will send you a packet to complete.
- Visit one of the Travel Clinic locations listed below between 8AM - 5PM Monday - Friday.
Return your completed forms to the Travel Clinic. One of our Travel Clinic team members will review your history and travel information to decide what services and immunizations you will need. You will then be contacted by Travel Clinic staff to schedule an appointment. We offer convenient hours, free parking and easy access.
Please bring the following to your appointment:
During Your Visit to our Travel Clinic
The consultation will consist of a review of your medical history, your current health status, recommendations for vaccinations and/or medicines. You may also be vaccinated and/or receive prescriptions.
It is strongly recommended that you have all of your travel immunizations at the same location for medical safety and accurate medical records. We require at least 48 hours advance notice if you need to cancel your appointment.
Payment is expected at time of service. A detailed receipt will be provided for you to file with your carrier.