AMG sports and musculoskeletal medicine doctors provide treatment of sports, exercise-related injuries and pain management.
The sports medicine physicians and their team not only treat strains and sprains, but they are experts in the management of patients with medical conditions such as concussion, exercise induced asthma or other ailments related to sports and activity. Additionally, a large portion of the practice is dedicated to management of musculoskeletal problems that are not sports related such as arthritis and back or joint pain.
Sports Medicine Services
Our AMG Sports Medicine physicians are recognized for their expertise in managing and treating injuries of the shoulder, elbow, hip, knee, ankle and foot.
These services include:
- Musculoskeletal sports and activity related injuries
- Joint and tendon injections
- Casting, bracing or splinting of nonsurgical fractures
- Concussion management
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Exercise induced asthma testing
- Chronic exertional compartment syndrome testing
- Exercise treadmill testing for cardiac conditions
- Home exercise
- Physical therapy for:
- Gait, swimming stroke and throwing analysis
- Orthotic evaluations
- Sports specific rehabilitation
- Treatment of musculoskeletal issues
- Return to play progression
- Coordination with school and club athletic trainers and coaches
- Recommendations and referral to other professionals including dieticians, neuropsychology and cardiology
What to Expect During Your Visit at an AMG Sports Medicine Practice
You can expect to be seen by a board certified sports medicine specialist. You may also be evaluated by other members of our sports medicine team. If the physician orders X-rays, you will be directed to our radiology department in the same building. Depending on your particular diagnosis, the physician may prescribe medications, home exercises, physical therapy or additional imaging, such as an MRI. You will receive a diagnosis and treatment plan in a clinical summary upon leaving the office.
We will ask for your primary care physician’s information in order to coordinate comprehensive care and ensure the best possible treatment outcome. Although we provide a list of accepted insurance providers on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact your insurance provider.
AMG Sports Medicine Experts Talk About Safety
How to Safely Begin Running