Integrated approach. Convenient locations. Lifelong relationships.
Advocate Medical Group (AMG) is a physician-led medical group providing primary care, specialty services, medical imaging, outpatient services and community-based medical practices throughout Chicagoland and Bloomington/Normal.
Advocate Medical Group is part of Advocate Health Care, the largest health system in Illinois and one of the largest health care providers in the Midwest.
Advocate Medical Group is committed to advancing Advocate's goal of building lifelong relationships with patients by delivering the best health outcomes and highest level of service through an integrated approach to care and wellness.
- 1980: Incorporated as Advocate Care Associates; 43 physicians providing outpatient services from one office location in Park Ridge
- 1985: Name changed to Health Care Medical Foundation (HCMF)
- 1988: Name changed to Lutheran General Medical Group (LGMG)
- 1989: Joined Lutheran General Health System as affiliate corporation (LGHS)
- 1996: Reorganization with certain assets of LGMG sold to Advocate Medical Group (AMG); other assets transferred to newly-formed management services organization Advocate MSO
- 2007: AMG joins with Advocate Health Centers, Advocate Christ Medical Group and other organizations
- 2009: Midwest Physician Group joins AMG
- 2010: BroMenn Physicians Management Corporation becomes part of AMG
Caring for the Environment
At Advocate Health Care we understand that a healthy environment is vital to human health. Nationally recognized for environmental excellence, we strive to mitigate environmental harm and contribute to the well being and health of our associates, patients, visitors and the communities we are privileged to serve. Be a part of a movement in health care invested in reducing its environmental impact and creating healthier spaces for our patients to heal, physicians to practice and associates to work.
Click here for more